Wise Home Solutions is currently seeking a Financial Manager aka Controller to join their Team!
We are a growing local company with a need for a multi-talented controller to manage accounting functions and provide strong analysis for future projects. As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management. The ideal candidate will be strongly self-motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
A few key responsibilities of the position:
- Supervise and direct accounting staff members
- Manufacturing and COGS activities.
- Prepare and publish timely GAAP monthly internal financial statements on a timely basis
- Supervise distribution of all internal management reports on a timely basis
- Support month-end and year-end general ledger process using accounting software
- Manage independent auditor relationships and audit engagements to include annual tax planning, preparation, and filing
- Comply with state and federal government reporting requirements and filings
- Improve accounting and financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and documentation
- Streamline accounting processes using technology
- Maintain capital asset records and depreciation
- Assist in preparation of investor presentations
- Responsible for Annual Operating Budget process, as well as control and monitoring monthly results and quarterly forecast.
- Preparation of financial information for CEO & Executives
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyze, investigate and report manufacturing variances (Purchase price variance, Absorption, Scrap, Inventory revaluation, overhead spending).
- Support the successful launch of new product programs by managing project financials and coordinating with Program Management on the financial health of each program.
- Project Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow).
- Serve as liaison in government offices, external auditors, and banks.
- Responsible for maintaining internal control procedures within the company.
- Conduct profitability analyses
- Review and project salary increases
- Correspond with the senior management regarding any financial decisions that are made
What we hope your qualifications might include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Controller or an Assistant Controller
- Minimum 10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience (5 of which have been in manufacturing environments).
- Track record of success and increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an MBA required.
- Demonstrated success in implementing a new ERP/accounting software package.
- Ability to institute and monitor internal controls and identify cost savings
- Ability to work with business and technical teams to ensure proper entry/capture of financial data at various points in the company’s business process.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with processing monthly internal financial statements and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong administration and organizational skills. Ability to solve problems autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity and high-performance standards in producing all reports and materials
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and Google office tools
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have our building sanitized throughout the day, hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, masks are available to be worn.